Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Forgotten Prayer



As I am facing my first appointment with the Endocrinologist after my treatment for thyroid cancer, I find myself a bit nervous. I shouldn’t be. My post treatment scan showed that things are going well. But once again, my weak nature overcomes me and fear creeps in.

I try to hang on to His promises, but I’m shaky. I still struggle with trusting Him completely and not allowing the anxiety of uncertainty push me off my Solid Rock. I grow impatient with myself and frustrated by my inability to control my jitters. Then, the whisper from my Lord comes unexpectedly as I scroll down the newsfeed of my Facebook page…

“Prayer trumps panic every time.” 

These simple and profound words spoke loudly to me and convicted me because they pointed out the things I’ve forgotten. 

I forgot to pray…to pray for the Lord’s presence to be evident in me at this moment when anxiety threatens my peace. I forgot to pray for my soul to remember the assurance of His promises. I forgot to pray the Lord will remind me that He works it all together for good. I forgot to pray, pray and pray again.

I want to go to sleep tonight in confidence, with the certainty of His love trumping over any uncertainty in my life. I want to enjoy the peace of the knowledge of His power in me. I want to breathe easy as I realize He is the air I breathe. I want to crush the face of panic with the stumping force of prayer. And I want to praise Him and thank Him for His wonderful deeds unto me…

Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble,
and he brought them out of their distress.
He stilled the storm to a whisper;
the waves of the sea were hushed.
They were glad when it grew calm,
and he guided them to their desired haven.
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
and his wonderful deeds for mankind. Psalm 107 28-31

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.