Wednesday, September 9, 2015

I Choose to Trust Him


"The farther you roam along paths of unbelief, the harder it is to remember that I AM with you.  Anxious thoughts branch off in all directions, taking you farther and farther from awareness of My Presence.  You need to voice your trust in Me frequently.  This simple act of faith will keep you walking along straight paths with Me.  Trust Me with all your heart, and I will make your paths straight."

This was in today's devotional reading from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  The reading is inspired by Isaiah 26: 4; Psalm 9: 10; Psalm 25: 4-5 and Proverbs 3: 5-6  and I absolutely love it!

I need to hear this from our Lord constantly.  I need the reminder every day.  The only thing that brings true peace to the soul is the awareness of God's presence in us; but anxious thoughts provoked by unbelief and lack of trust distract us from our concentration on Him...They take our eyes away from His face...and the vicious cycle of fear spins out of control...like Peter, as long as he kept his eyes fixed on Christ, he was able to walk on water!  As soon as he turned his head and looked at the wind and waves, he began to sink. In panic, Peter cried out, "Lord, save me!"  and, of course,

Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. But not without pointing out

“You of little faith,”he said, “why did you doubt?” (Mathew 14: 22-33)

I don't want to doubt. I don't want to have little faith. I want to recall all the times He has saved me. I want to think on how He loves me and how He has never abandoned me. I want to keep my eyes on Him at all times so when the winds and the waves of fear attempt to engulf me, I know I will not be moved nor defeated because He, to whom the winds and the waves obey, holds my hand and keeps me save.

I choose to trust Him, the Lord of the storm, the King of my heart, the Sustainer of my life, the Fountain of my peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.