Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Seeking Wisdom in Times of Public Trial

 As I am about to enter what probably would end up being the scariest meeting of my professional life, I am reminded of a verse from Scripture that was brought up to my attention by one of my prayer warriors last night when I asked for prayers.  The verse is Matthew 10: 20,

for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

I went to Matthew 10 and realized that these words were spoken by Jesus Himself as part of the instructions He gave the twelve when He sent them to become His messengers, His Apostles, to preach His gospel to the lost sheep of Israel.  

I read through the chapter and I see how Jesus warns them that they would encounter trouble as they fulfill this mission.  He told them, “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. (Matthew 10: 16-17) and, o boy...that is exactly how I am feeling today...like a sheep among wolves...and thank goodness, the meeting is on Zoom...otherwise, I would be fearing a flogging too (I wonder if they have invented an App for virtual flogging...o no!!!)

This is why what I seek today is the Lord's wisdom.

I am praying for wisdom this morning, seeking His Word and trusting that He will stand with me in this meeting, and that, indeed, I will not have to "worry about what to say or how to say it" for He is assuring me that "at that time, I will be told what to say," for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

I know that the meeting I have this morning is not the same situation of the Apostles who were sent out by Jesus to spread the Good News of His Kingdom.  I am aware my circumstances are very different.  However, as I seek His wisdom today, I am claiming these words of Jesus as a promise to me, and to all who seek Him in their hour of public trial.  I am trusting that all He said to His Apostles back then, He is saying to me this morning...and I am praising Him for those He has placed in my life to walk along with me on the hard roads of this valley of shadow...I'm praising Him for the gift of their friendship and guidance.

And above all, I'm praising God for His Word and thanking Him for His wisdom.  In the Precious Name of Jesus, My Lord, My Savior, My Deliverer.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.