Wednesday, October 2, 2019

You Rescue Me!

I continue with my challenge to find encouraging things to write about...or write nothing at all...for the next 30 posts...and I must say that, though I'm advancing quite slowly, I shall not be deterred!

I'm a voyager who's gotten too close to the edge while traversing in choppy waters...a careless traveler who thought she could fly, and instead has gone overboard. I feel the cold sea of my busy life overtake me. I've forgotten how to swim, and I begin to drown. Into the deep, its darkness overpowers me. I'm helpless...

The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
5 The cords of the grave coiled around me;
the snares of death confronted me. (Psalm 18: 4-5)

But...in my distress...I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help (Psalm 18: 6)...and something marvelous happened...He heard my cry...and, not only He heard, but...

He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me. (Psalm 18: 16-17)

Out of breath, but alive, He pulls my head out of the water and breathes life in me again so I can say:  The Lord Lives!  Praise be to my Rock! (Psalm 18: 46a)

He is the God of my Salvation!

I love you, Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18: 1-2)

He will always rescue me!

I encourage you to watch the video that I posted right before...I pray it is encouraging to you right at this moment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.