Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Long Lost List...


The only reason I know I wrote this list around November, 2003 is because I wrote it on the back of an envelope that contains a letter my Dad sent me.  That letter was post marked "26 NOV 2003."  

I found this list a couple of days ago as I was looking for some "important paper" which I had carefully put in my "important paper drawer" for "safe-keeping." HA!  Needless to say, I never found the document I was looking for.  Instead, I found this long lost list.

God is Good, ALL the time...that's what the Spirit whispered to me when I finished reading the 6 items written on this wish list.  As I read them, I realized that one by one, the Lord, in His infinite provision, had allowed me to have them all.  From the 4 person Cabela's tent (even before we where 4) to the bathroom remodeling at our old house.  I got them all...

The funny thing is that I love lists!  The thing I love about them the most is checking things off of them.  This list, however, has no check marks...not even one...that's how I know it was lost.  There is no way I would not have checked off such important items like a tree swing for Grant if I'd had it in hand.  In fact, finding it was a total surprise!  I still don't remember ever writing it...

That long lost list was not written for 10 years ago.  It was definitively written for today.  It was written for me to find it at a time such as this, to remind me of God's Faithfulness and Love.  He has always been Faithful and He is not about to change now.  No matter what, He's got us by His Hand.  He's got this...whatever "this" may be.  Nothing is too big for His power.  He can handle it all.  And perhaps, if it is in His plan, we might even get to see it all come to pass in front of our eyes.

His promises are true!  Therefore, let's put our hope in Him, and we'll not be disappointed.  One day we may even get to see His own divine list...the one He carefully wrote for each one of us, all completely checked off.

I put the list back in the little drawer for "safe keeping."  The old fashion, air-mail envelope with its red and blue border will sit safely in the place it's been for the last 10 years.  Maybe it will resurface again another day I might need a reminder that there is Someone Mighty near me who takes care of my every need and even my wants.  Praised be His Name!

As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.  Psalm 18: 30

The List

3 comments:

  1. God is SO good!! I love this story Gisela. It is so great the treasures we find when we are on a hunt for something totally different. I am a lister too! My husband keeps trying to get me to make my lists online or on my phone but I am a pen and paper woman. That handwritten list of yours is an amazing symbol of God's incredible provision for us. I'm so glad you found it just when you needed it. Thank you for sharing it! It is nice to be reminded of all the prayers that have been answered instead of focusing on those we are anxiously awaiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Candace, it sure is comforting to focus on the answered prayers for a chance! Rather than being obsessed with the stuff we don't have. Anxiously waiting...yes, that sounds like me many times. The Holy Spirit is working in me to teach me how to relax and just trust in Him...We are in His care and I must never forget it. Thank you so much for your comments. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful thing to find! God is so good! I love seeing what He has done for me and it's so exciting to see what He has done for you, too! It are these things that keep our faith going when we are in the hard places.

    Thank you so much for coming by and linking up with my Counting Our Blessings link up! It really blessed me! I do this every Tuesday, so I hope you'll come by and link up again!

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.