Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Thanksgiving Journal 2: In My Weakness I Thank You, Lord

 Today, I am thankful for the fact that no matter how weak I am and how many times I fail to do what I'm supposed to do, Jesus is still here...with me...

He is not surprised by my weaknesses.  And He does not withdraw His love from me just because I failed to perform.  He knows me.  And even so...He still loves me.

I am thankful for the truth I read in my devotional this morning:

Your weakness does not repel Me.  On the contrary, it attracts My Power, which is always available to flow into a yielded heart.  Do not condemn yourself for your constant need of help.  Instead, come to Me with your gaping neediness; let the Light of My Love fill you.  A yielded heart does not whine or rebel when the going gets rough.  it musters the courage to thank Me even during hard times.  Yielding yourself to My will is ultimately an act of trust. (Jesus Calling by Sarah Young)

Thank you, Lord Jesus for the peace that comes to my soul when I consider that even while I was still a sinner, you loved me enough to die for me.  In the Precious Name of Christ.  Amen.

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful." Colossians 3:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.