Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Thank You, Lord!

 As I'm wrapping up the semester, I feel infinitively grateful to Our Lord for holding me, helping me, guiding me, sustaining me and giving me wisdom during the last 3 years I served as Chair of our department.  I can say without a doubt, that there is NO WAY I could have done this without Him going before me every step of the way.  I want to give Him ALL Praise and ALL Glory for accomplishing this duty, which I deeply doubted I could have performed at any level of acceptable quality without Him.

He knows me and He knows how inadequate I am for a job like this one, but He put me in it because He wanted me to experience His guiding hand along every turn, twist and hurdle on the road.  He wanted me to experience how total dependence in Him makes the impossible possible.  He wanted me to taste the richness of His sustaining love when I felt all alone.  He wanted me to stand by His strength when I could not go any further.  And so He did!

Three years ago at this time I was in agony, dreading what was ahead...immersed in the middle of a horrible battle with co-workers which didn't seem to have a resolution in sight...feeling the weight of a crumbling organization being placed on my shoulders to carry on my own...praying without ceasing for wisdom and guidance.  Today, I'm beginning to breathe again...and it is all because of God's Grace!

So, I just want to say, thank You, Lord for walking with me always, not just these last 3 years, but every day. Thank You for the gift of Your Presence, the Only source of true comfort and strength. I offer what is left of my life to You.  May I continue to find evidence of the reality of Your indwelling in my soul and in my heart for the rest of my days.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.