Friday, April 10, 2020

Remembering Good Friday

Good Friday, 2020...I wonder how it would be remembered?  What would be the label?  The one we were quarantined...the year we were isolated...when the entire world was practicing social distancing...the one without Easter egg hunts...the one when we celebrated at home...

I'm not sure how this year will be remembered in the future.  I don't want to imagine how the events of the spring that never was, would be discussed in social study class or in history books.  I don't want to make a judgement as to the validity of what's happening today or any projections from the years ahead.  I don't even want to discuss the heartache I'm experiencing due to the broken dreams and impossibilities that are impacting my life right now.  All I want to do at this moment is to stay in the moment...and turn my eyes towards the One Who Deserves All the Glory!

Today, I want to fix my eyes on the One Who Gave it All for Me...little, ole, insignificant me.

Today, I want to meditate on Jesus' Sacrifice on the Cross, which gave me hope.

Today, I want to remember that by His Wounds, I am healed.

Today, I want to be one of the women who didn't abandon Him...and followed Him all the way to Calvary.

Today, I want to sing that sad, sad song that asks, were you there when they crucify My Lord?

Today, I want to trust Him with every detail of my life.  Like the devotional reading I just finished says, today I want to remember that "nothing is random in His Kingdom.  Everything that happens fits into a pattern for good, to those who love Him."  Today, I want to hear Him say to me:  "Instead of trying to analyze the intricacies of the pattern, focus your energy on trusting Me and thanking Me at all times.  Nothing is wasted when you walk close to Me.  Even your mistakes and sins can be recycled into something good through My transforming grace.  While you were still living in darkness, I began to shine the Light of My Presence into your sin-stained life.  Finally, I lifted you up out of the mire into My marvelous Light.  Having sacrificed My very Life for you, I can be trusted in every facet of your life." (Sarah Young's Jesus Calling)

Thank You, Lord Jesus for what you did on a day like today, so many years ago.  The pain I'm feeling does not compare to what you went through, but I offer it to You...I bring it to the foot of Your Cross and give it to You as my offering.  Take it and make it holy and worthy of You.  Thank You for choosing me, even when I was among the crowd that cried: crucify Him.

This year will be remembered whichever way history decides.  But today is remembered as the Friday that was and continues to be Good, for Goodness and Light was poured out from the wounds of Christ.

I trust You, Lord.  In Your Precious Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.