Thursday, May 13, 2021

Jesus Takes Control

 When medical test anxiety or any other situation of worry and fear begins to shake my trust and attack my fragile resolve to stay focused on God's Goodness and Faithfulness...I reach out to my prayer warriors.  Among the most fierce of them stands my sister.  Her words are firm, strong, and always right on.  She doesn't mince them, either.  She says it like she feels it.  She allows the Holy Spirit to speak through her...but, of course, since she is, after all, my sister...the Spirit speaks through her with words of fire and passion...not so much compassion LOL.  But she always delivers a message I need to hear in a way that I can understand...and I love her signature statement.  She uses it to open or close her speeches, and it is:  Jesus takes control...Jesús toma el control.

I have come to rely on my sister´s bold faith, craving to read those three words on the screen of my phone like I crave the sweetness of chocolate in the afternoon.  It is hard to think that 20 or so years ago, my sister's story was completely different.  Suffice it to say, the words that would come out of her mouth were every bit as fiery and passionate...but not for the Lord.  At the time, she was in a very, very dark place in her life, and to top it all, our dear Mom, the one who brought a measure of sweetness, tenderness and gentleness into our lives, passed away.  Yes, 21 years ago, our sweet Mom left this world and her children began a mad scramble to find their way with a big hole in their hearts.

My Mom's passing shook my sister's core.  And I believe, that's when she was presented with her crucible.  She had to make a decision.  And I know that's when Jesus revealed Himself to her.  There is no way she would have chosen the path of faith on her own.  There was no one there.  She was completely alone...in the pit...and the Only One who can pull people out of such depths is Christ.  And out she went.  Twenty plus years later, as I look back, I am in awe of who she is now.  I am in awe of how she wages the spiritual battles of her life alongside Jesus, wilding the Sword of the Spirit that is the Word, like there is no tomorrow.  And I am in awe of how she is a living testimony, a fulfilled promised, that He makes all things and all people new.

So, for me, seeking her prayers and reading her honest delivery is a source of comfort straight from God...because to me, my sister's words come from the heart of one who was redeemed ... one who has tasted the pure Goodness and Faithfulness of Our Heavenly Father ... one who has been forgiven much, and therefore, knows what it is like to have a soul who has been touched by the very hands of the Most High.

Jesus takes control, indeed! 

I am trusting that I will feel Jesus taking control over my fears, my worries, my anxiety so I can be set free...free to worship...free to be bold.  In the Precious Name of My Redeemer Who Lives!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.