Friday, March 4, 2022

"Refuse to Worry!"

 My devotional reading this morning started with these words:  "Refuse to worry!"

Mercy, I needed to hear that.  I needed someone telling me that in a forceful way today.  I am so grateful that I read that devotional early in the day because the thought came to me several times throughout in different contexts.  

"In this world there will always be something enticing you to worry.  That is the nature of a fallen, fractured planet:  things are not as they should be." (Jesus Calling by Sarah Young) I am a testimony of how worry does have the ability to debilitate one's soul in the blink of an eye.  Worry about work...worry about health...worry about relationships...worry about loved ones...worry about inadequacies...worry about insecurities...worry about loss and loneliness...worry about worry...

Lord, forgive me for jumping to panic mode so quickly.  Why can't I just remain calm?

Breathe in...and exhale...

The antidote against worry? Prayer...a prayer-rich response to life's uncertainties is the way to combat the attacks of the enemy.  Like my devotional says:  "awareness of My Presence fills your mind with Light and Peace, leaving no room for fear.  This awareness lifts you up above your circumstances, enabling you to see problems from My perspective.  Live close to Me! together we can keep the wolves of worry at bay."  

Awareness of Jesus' presence in me...always...that's what I need.

This is the air that I breathe in: Jesus' presence.  I exhale the toxicity of a life apart from my source of strength, power and my refuge.  

Lord, please help me and everyone who is attacked by the arrows of worry, to remain under Your wings and inside of Your Sanctuary.  May we remember, during the furious hits of the enemy, that Your victory is already ours, and that we have nothing to fear.  You already fought our battles and You have won.  I love You, Jesus.  Thank You for Your Presence in me.  In Your Precious Name.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.