Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sinkhole Season

The other day I heard on the radio that it was “sinkhole season in Florida.” As someone who has never even heard of such a thing, let alone, experienced it in real life, I have to admit that I chuckled a little. Later that day, however, I saw really terrifying pictures of the damage caused by sinkholes in recent days and I understood how serious the situation really is. Then, after I read a little bit about the causes of sinkholes, I saw that one of the natural reasons for its occurrence is a draught which dries out the underground water. That’s when my amusement completely ended.

Right then and there I realized that Florida was not the only place going through the “sinkhole season.” I am also in the midst of my very own. For months now, ever since the passing of my Father, the earth moved from under my feet and swallowed me into this deep sinkhole which I have been unable to climb back out. The worst part is, I’m not sure I want to climb out of it; at least not just yet.

I’ve been worried about my lack of drive to get out of this particular hole I am in. But now I think it might not be time to get out still. At least not until after the draught ends and I am refilled with the Living Water once again. Perhaps I am supposed to stay in there a while, as a hiding place the Lord might’ve carved out just for me during this season of my life. Maybe this is the place where I will find His deliverance as He reaches down and carries me out. This might just be the darkness where His light will shine the brightest.

Like the resilient people of Florida, who face yearly seasons of earth moving phenomena; I will go through this sinkhole season in my life knowing that my strength is in the Lord for He is my Deliverer.

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Psalm 32:7

1 comment:

  1. Gisi, I am praying for you as you walk through this dark time. I know that God has his hand over you to shield you and to protect you from the scorching heat of grief and sorrow, as He did for Moses. Isaiah 43 " When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Our God is Emmanuel, God with us, I know He is walking you through this. I love you, Kim

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.