Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Timing

“Lord, give me the right words…” This is my constant prayer every time God lays it on my heart to offer some words to someone looking for hope. Today, after I read a text message from my niece, I prayed extra hard. I never know how or if anything I ever say to her is effectively bringing her the comfort she is seeking; but I know that everything I say comes out after fervent prayer for the Holy Spirit to inspire me. I am not sure of the impact, but I know the source and I leave it all to Him after it comes out of my mouth or fingers…Today, I read her message as I was leaving work for home (I know…no texting while driving…I didn’t text, though…I just glanced at the message while at the stop light).

Her words resounded heavily in my heart as I kept driving. As usual, I prayed. I stopped at a nearby McDonald’s to type my reply. Somehow, however, the words didn’t feel particularly inspired or inspiring to me. The level of brokenness she is experiencing requires supernatural inspiration and I didn’t think my message had hit the mark. I hit the send button anyway. I pulled out of the parking lot and kept on thinking and praying. She is so brokenhearted I don’t know what to do. I keep praying for the Lord to mend her heart and soul only to witness the pieces chipping away on a daily basis.

I let out a sigh and kept on driving. The song “Remind me who I am” by Jason Grey came on the radio. I immediately thought she should hear it. Again, I had to look for a place to safely stop the car to type a short message to urge her to listen to this song. I wasn’t really paying attention to where I’d parked. I just saw the parking lot and pulled in. I typed my text and hit send. As I was backing out my car I looked at the building next door. It was a church. There was a nice sign on the front. I read it as I was waiting at the stop sign. It said: “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted.” Psalm 34:18

The message was for me. I don’t doubt God’s ability to take away her pain and mend her heart. I just hurt for her because for some reason the timing for healing has not yet arrived. And that makes me angry. The timing of the sign, however, was absolutely flawless. He is close to her even if for a while His presence goes unnoticed. He is always there. And He will reveal Himself at the appointed time, His time, which is not ours, but it is perfect. Meanwhile, let’s ask Him to remind us who we are, so we never forget. And let’s trust that He will always give us the right words, His word, because He is Faithful and His Word is true!

2 comments:

  1. Gisela
    after taking the 2:7 series my favoarite verses that I USE FOR EVERYONE that need help, comfort or whatever is Proverbe 3:5-6. Trust in the Lord with all your heart. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make straight your path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you June, I do love that verse. It sure brings comfort to any weary soul. Thank you for sharing it with us

      Delete

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.