Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Day to Remember

Yesterday, April 3rd, I'm guessing was a pretty big day in Heaven! For the first time after 13 years apart, my parents got to celebrate their wedding anniversary together again. I know they probably didn't celebrate the same way they used to while on this side of Paradise; but I have no doubt they were rejoicing, indeed!

They got married 58 years ago yesterday. Theirs was a beautiful love story. I am proud to have been part of it. I am very grateful to our Lord for giving me the gift of loving, caring parents who were absolutely in love with each other. It has been a great example to follow in my own marriage. I think of my Mother often every time I have "issues" with my husband. I think of her quiet strength. I think of her gentle nature. I think of the way she respected my Father. I saw in them the living proof that Paul was right when he gave his Divinely inspired advice on the way husbands and wives must relate to each other:

Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. Ephesians 5: 21


They submitted to one another in love and kept Christ in their lives and marriage all throughout their time together. My Mother accepted my Father as the head of the household and in turn he loved her more than he loved himself. It was an unbreakable circle which only death did apart. 


For those of us who are still left behind in this world, April 3rd will always be the most special of days. It will always be a day to remember how a marriage grounded in commitment to one another and tied together in Christ with ribbons of love can endure a lifetime and beyond.

And to my Mama and Papa I say: Feliz Aniversario! We love you and miss you so much..
.

I brought this picture with me this past December after my last trip to Panama.  I've looked at it for years in my Dad's large collection of pictures and I always loved it.  They both look so young.    This was shortly after they got married in 1955 and this is how I picture they look like now in Heaven.  I wanted to pull the picture out of the frame to scan it, but it was sealed shut and I didn't want to risk it so that's why it's blurry.  May it remain undisturbed as it's been all along.  Just like their romance.





No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.