Monday, February 5, 2018

It Is a Choice

Monday morning, the blues begins to hit my heart hard...  Even without glancing at the clock on the wall, its constant ticking reminds me I'm running out of time.  I'm tired already, and the day has not even truly began...it's so difficult to concentrate when the unknown approaches at a furious pace.  I don't know how to handle things, so I fall into my default mode: I worry...

Then, I remember, and I reach out to my morning devotional and read:

"You can have as much of Me and My Peace as you want, through thousands of correct choices each day.  The most persistent choice you face is whether to trust Me or to worry.  You will never run out of things to worry about, but you can choose to trust Me no matter what.  I am an ever-present help in trouble.  Trust Me, through the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea." (Jesus Calling by Sarah Young)

A sigh of relief...

May the peace of My Lord, Jesus, flow freely and abundantly in me today and every day.  I pray for strength to make my choice for the moment.  And I choose not to worry.  I say it aloud!  And even though I know I will fall into the temptation of worrying again later, I will trust that He will lead me out of the shadows and into the Light one more time...just like He has done right now...because His Name is Faithful!  And even though I lack faith, He, THE LORD, sustains me in the covenant that He signed with His blood.

Yes, it might be just another "manic Monday" like the song from the 80s says...but my choice is to trust Him all throughout and to open my heart so He can fill it with the flowing river of His Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.