Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Every Bit of Creation Speaks His Word!


1 The heavens declare the glory of God; 
the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 
2 Day after day they pour forth speech; 
night after night they reveal knowledge. 
3 They have no speech, they use no words; 
no sound is heard from them. 
4 Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, 
their words to the ends of the world. Psalm 19: 1-4 

Have you ever heard the voice of God in nature? Has the whispering of the Holy Spirit ever caught your attention in the beauty of a sunset? Does a clear sky speak to you? How about the long shadows of a crisp fall afternoon, do they ever say anything to you? Does the rain bring a message to your ears as it showers the ground with its renewing powers? Does a gentle and refreshing breeze ever talks to you as you open the windows in a cool summer night? Does the roar of an ocean ever scream at you? What about a serene midnight snow fall…or the full moon in a dark night…do they ever tell you a story?

The heavens and the earth were made to proclaim the glory of God! Psalm 19 explains how wordless speech pours forth day in and day out from God’s creation. Do we ever hear it? Do we slow down long enough the frantic oscillation of our lives to listen to Our Father’s voice? I know I do not. But I also know I want to. I want to capture the voice that goes out into all the earth and make it my own! I want the words that reach the ends of the world to reach the deepest corners of my heart!

But how can I if I insist in staying inside? How can I catch the frequency of My Maker if I keep the receiver in a closet?

For as long as there is a moment, then, I’d like to take it and step outside into the presence of The Almighty, refreshed by His handiwork and enlightened by His Word! May we all be intentional about walking a bit slower through the frazzled roads of our busy lifestyles and take that moment to tune in to the glory declared by the heavens and the earth!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.