Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Biblically-Inspired, Uplifting Message!

Nicole (front right) Ileana (front left) and me during this year's girls-only trip in May.

"Do you like that devotional?" Nicole asked me as she saw me pulling out my pink copy of one of my favorite morning readings.  "Yes...but...why do you ask?" I replied, remembering I had sent her a copy a while ago.  "I don't know...I like it too...but...don't you think that way too often the readings start with things like:  'you have a very rough day ahead... or ... a plethora of problems will arise as you wake up' ... and stuff like that which leave you like...man...should I even get out of bed today?  You know what I mean?  Doesn't it bring you down to read that?"

hmmm...

I couldn't do much more than to quietly agree as I remember myself thinking the same thing a few days before...and an idea sparked: perhaps, I should write a series of Biblically-inspired, morning readings that would carry us through a month with uplifting messages that help us set our minds in all things joyful and victorious!  I could write it and send it to Nicole so she could read it and feel the negativity vanish with the morning fog! It's a perfect summer project! Yes! I'll do it!

This was during our yearly girls-only-trip this past May.

I have yet to write the first line of this grand enterprise.  

Sigh...

Today, however...after what seemed like the roughest, most draining Labor Day holiday...totally due to my lack of self-control and zero parental skills, and as feelings of guilt piled up in my heart, making me appear as the most wretched human being the world has ever known, I've decided it's time to start.  

So, rather than beating myself on the head over and over and over again with the guilt of my Mommy-Hulk behavior, I will take a different approach: instead of hiding in shame from God, I am going to sing His praises!  I am going to embrace a challenge.  The next 30 postings (however long they may take me to write) I will write biblically-inspired, uplifting messages that will speak of the victory we have in Christ!

There!

Challenge accepted!

Oh...dear...what have I done? Mrs. negativity, Mrs. drama, Mrs. woe-is-me is actually going to stay uplifting?! How is she going to do that?

By the power of the Holy Spirit, of course!

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. Romans 8: 26

And that's exactly what my posts might be like: wordless groans...but I know that He will help me in my weakness and give me what He wants me to share, so Nicole and I and all who would read them would be inspired to find the joy in the everyday, to hang on to His promises and to walk in trust by the Hand of the One who makes all things new and everything work out for the good of those who put their trust in Him.  Amen!

May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19: 14

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.