Monday, September 23, 2019

My Strength and My Portion



As I wrap up the day, exhausted by the crazy dance of a busy Monday, I look for encouraging verses that may bring a spark of energy to my tired soul, and this gem jumps at me out of the electronic pages containing the Word:  

My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73: 26

Lord knows that my flesh and my heart often fail.  All day long, I do, think and say things that reveal my sinful nature...but, God, in His infinite mercy offers Himself as my strength and my portion so I may depend on Him and let go of the illusion of my own self-reliance.  

He is my Strength: when I am weak, it is His power that moves me and carries me so I can finish the journey.  The tasks in front of me are insurmountable.  I don't have what it takes to even know where or how to begin to concoct a plan of attack.  It is He, and He alone who sustains me.  It is He who finishes what He began.

He is my Portion: when I am deprived, poor and displaced, He takes care of me.  He is the Great Provider.  In Him all my needs are met. Economic recessions, Great Depressions, national devastation mean nothing to the One who owns it all.  Even when all my efforts fail, I trust The One who calls me His Own.

After the stress of the day is left behind in the shadows, the cool evening breeze filters through the wide open window and I feel refreshed.  No matter what I go through, I can always lean on My Lord.  May I never forget it.  May we never be caught up on the stress and fear of our own inadequacy, for our job is to bring them to Christ and in our surrender, find His strength and provision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.