Saturday, May 2, 2020

Whisper His Name and Stay Focused

It never ceases to amaze me how God knows exactly what we need in the precise moment and on the precise measure.  I've been feeling overwhelmed with the burden of work lately.  My actions have not been in accordance with what the Lord commands.  I have not been living in complete dependence on My Lord.  My focus has shifted.  I have not been seeking Him first.

Then, this morning, I read:

"Living in dependence on Me is the way to enjoy abundant life.  You are learning to appreciate tough times because they amplify your awareness of My Presence...I am pleased by your tendency to turn to Me more and more frequently, especially when you are alone.  When you are with other people, you often lose sight of My Presence.  Your fear of displeasing people puts you in bondage to them, and they become your primary focus.  When you realize this has happened, whisper My Name; this tiny act of trust brings Me to the forefront of your consciousness, where I belong.  As you bask in the blessing of My nearness, My life can flow through you to others.  This is abundant life!" (Sarah Young, Jesus Calling)

I want that abundant life, Lord!  I want to be dependent on You so I can enjoy such a blessing!

The tough times, do indeed, make me more aware of You in my midst.  Alone times, do indeed, help me center on You.  Whispering Your Name does bring You back to the forefront of my consciousness, where You belong! 

May the Holy Spirit always remind me of this practice of Whispering Your Name to get back into Your Presence.  May I remember that Your Presence is always a reality...that it is me who walks away from it.  May my life be so that Your life may flow through me onto others!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.