Friday, August 27, 2021

Praise the Lord!

 What a week!

As I sit at my desk this Friday afternoon, I praise the Lord for the many blessings.  Today, I'm concluding the first week back to work in person, and I have to say, I am happy to be back.  I'm experiencing a million challenges at work.  However, being in the classroom with the students reminded me why I do what I do.  My spirit was lifted as I heard them chuckled at my silly comments (even if muffled by the face coverings).  My heart rejoiced as I saw them choosing to interact with each other even when I gave them complete freedom to do what they felt comfortable with.  My soul found peace when technology assisted me and things ran smoothly.  I left the classroom re-energized by the feelings I thought had been lost for the last year and a half.  

At home, my young boy is wrapping up his first week of High School, practicing a new sport and enjoying new adventures.  My older boy is all settled back at his new residence in College, with new roommates and a renewed outlook in life, filled with the expectations of a great sophomore year at Geneva.  And to top it all, today is our 27th wedding anniversary.  It is so hard to believe that Dan and I said "I do" or "Acepto" almost 3 decades ago.  It blows my mind to think about that.  It's insane.

In the midst of all my worries and concerns, I praise the Lord for allowing me to experience these life with the people He has given me to walk alongside my valleys and mountains.  I have no idea what it would be like if I had never met Dan...if his friends hadn't pushed him towards me when I walked by at that...place were we met (I better not go into details as to what "that place" was)...if he hadn't written me that letter at the end of the summer in 1991...if I hadn't gotten the scholarship that brought me to Clarion...if a million details hadn't come together...if God hadn't planned the whole thing.

But, He did, and here we are...30 years after we met...27 years after we got married...many pounds heavier (ME), thinner & straighter hair (him), older (ME), wiser (him, but don't tell him), all around better in every aspect (ME), all around handsomer (him).

So, contemplating all the events of this week that comes to a close...and as we stand in all the melancholic feelings of the last days of a golden summer... I just want to pause to Praise the Lord in His Goodness.  I know the world is up-side-down...I know there is so much that doesn't make sense...I know there is so much hurt...but I know that My Redeemer Lives, and He Loves us.  We are His children and He's got us in the palm of His hand, in the shelter of His wings.  Praise the Lord, for He is Good, and His Love endures forever!  May we never forget it.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.