Sunday, June 5, 2011

What do you know?

I know that my Redeemer lives! and that in the end He will stand upon the earth.  Job19:25

If I know nothing else; I pray I know this. 

As we study the Book of Daniel; I would like to post my thoughts and meditations about the weekly homework in order to have yet another outlet to express what The Lord reveals to us as we toil in His Word.  Sometimes we are struck by something in a very particular way as we study, but by the time we get to our meeting, the moment has passed or we simply forget.  I pray that this will become a venue for us to share those instances of enlightenment as they occur. 

On day one of week two, I was particularly moved by the call to pray for "supernatural wisdom and understanding."  What a fabulous prayer!  I think sometimes I tend to limit God in my prayers.  Maybe it is just me, but I don't think I am in the habit of praying for something "supernatural" to be accomplished.  But now I say, why not?  Our God is the God of wonders!  He is the Creator of the heavens and earth!  His Word is action...He speaks His will into being.  He knows no limits.  Why should I be afraid of asking for His power to be shown in all His glory!?  I want to be an "intentional pupil".  I want to learn the "secret things of God".  I am consumed by the desire to know Him; and to "know Him is to want to know Him more."  So why not ask Him to allow me to have supernatural wisdom and discernment.  In this "new Babylon" we live in, we better be asking God for supernatural wisdom.  We must be able to read the times and the signs of our culture so we are not sucked into it and become Babylonians.  We must remain in the light and be the light, and the only way we could do that is if we receive the empowerment from the Holy Spirit to stay in the light, know the truth and listen to His voice. 

This commitment to pray for supernatural wisdom and knowledge inspires me to pray for it not only as I study the book of Daniel, but as I make any decision every day of my life, as I speak to those who I run into every day, as I deal with my family and work, as I take every step in my walk with Christ.  May we be tuned into the constant whispers of the Holy Spirit so we may remain in the light.  May we be provided supernatural wisdom and discernment to know the truth.  May we be emboldened and injected with courage in order to walk in the light and stand on the Solid Rock "until He returns or calls us home".

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.