Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hope

Well, in what seems the blink of an eye, another year has gone by and one more has begun. This is traditionally the time to make resolutions. However, I don’t really feel like making any. It’s not that I don’t have goals, wishes and desires for this year (hoping the Holy Spirit grows His fruits in me to turn me into a good mother, wife, friend, sister and in-law at last tops the chart, closely followed by the hope that God gives me a forgiving heart and helps me walk closer to Him, and of course, the hope of losing weight!) But I don’t want to “officially” make any new year’s resolutions for 2013. I’m just thankful I survived 2012!

Last night, however, as I was laying on the floor next to my younger son’s bed, waiting for his fever to break, staring at the oversized picture of Spiderman glued to the ceiling above his bed, the Lord gave me a word to ponder. The word was “hope.” So as I thought about it, “hoping” the back ache I had for laying on the floor would go away as well as my son’s fever, I decided that “hope” was going to be my word for the year.

Without hope we have nothing. Like the song says, everything rides on hope. Regardless of the circumstances, hope must survive for without it we don’t survive. Hope comes from the Lord. Even though at times the troubles of this life seem overwhelming, hope helps us remember that the God we serve is, indeed, Good all the time. Even though He sometimes makes us go through tough storms without commanding them to stop at once; hope reminds us that above the dark clouds, the sky is still blue, and that God delivers us through the storms He appoints for us. True hope keeps us focused on Christ and helps us overcome. I can’t even fathom a life without hope for it is not life at all.

This morning, as I touched the face of my boy and realized that the fever has lowered, I know “hope” must be my “theme word” for 2013. My hope is in the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth as well as the Designer of the plan for my life, and it is a good plan…a perfect plan.


I "hope" you enjoy the song by Addison Road
Hope Now

I'm linking today with Whole Hearted HomeSimply Helping Him

2 comments:

  1. Hope is such a wonderful word to choose for 2013 as "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus Christ and righteousness." Thanks for linking up over at WholeHearted Home...and thankful that your son's fever broke!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am featuring this tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.