Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Weapons of the Enemy



No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD. Isaiah 54: 17

I cling to this promise of the Lord of the Covenant. I hang on to it with all I’ve got for the weapons against me are many, indeed. The enemy has certainly forged an arsenal. And each one of them is linked to a button that he pushes at will in order to hit me at the precise moment. When I am most vulnerable, in comes the dagger that seeks to finish me.

Out of all the enemy’s weapons against me, fear is the most deadly. Fear in all its varieties…fear in all its faces…fear in all its stages. 

What to do about fear? How to combat it? How to eliminate it? We fight it! We remember that not only we have a shield to protect us, but we also have a sword to strike back! We draw our sword and we go to war against fear. We wave our sharp blade up in the air, the double edge sword that is The Word and we slash its head off. (Ephesians 6: 10-18)

*when fear of the unknown attacks, we counter it by remembering the many times Jesus’ disciples and most people in the Bible were also afraid, and how He was always there:

When the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, "It is a ghost!" And they cried out in fear. But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid." Matthew 14:26-27

*When the fear of losing control grips us with anxiety and what we planned or hoped for dissipates in front of our eyes, we remember that

…all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose. Romans 8: 28

*When fear of failure paralyses us, we lift up our heads and remember that everything is possible with Him: 

 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16: 33

*When fear of being alone keeps us in the dark, we remember the Covenant and the promise of His presence: 

 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

All in all, when fear gets a foothold on us, let us repeat over and over again, aloud if possible, that:

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

I trust that no weapon forged by the enemy with the single purpose of defeating me will have the power to destroy me, for I belong to Christ, and in Him, I am already victorious.

What weapons from the enemy to you struggle against?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.