Sunday, June 22, 2014

Breaking the Chains!



The enemy is so focused on paralyzing believers on their way to growing closer to Christ that he’d do anything in his power to stop us. Although he is not all-knowing, he does know all the right buttons to push to hinder our Christian walk. He throws obstacles on our track to make us stumble and fall, hoping we never get back up, or at the very least delay our recovery long enough to make us think we could never walk again. 

One of his favorite hindrances is deception. After all, he is the father of lies. He uses lies to trip his victims. He throws them on our road like traffic spikes to puncture our “tires” and make us lose control. He wraps his snares of deceit tightly around our feet like anchors to keep us from moving. The worst part is that he deceives us in such a way that oftentimes we end up locking the chains around our ankles ourselves. 

We all have our weak spots. We each have an area of our lives that is very sensitive to the attacks of the enemy…an area where we are most vulnerable. And he knows it all too well. He knows that once we get hit right there, we become disarmed. In my case, my biggest hindrance is fear. It paralyzes me. It keeps me from moving ahead and getting closer to a Christ-like existence. It is the button that the enemy pushes to entangle me and delay my walk.

Sigh…

I am tired of it! I am tired of being exposed to the flaming arrows that the enemy shoots my way. I don’t want to be vulnerable to his attacks. I don’t want to curl up in a ball, panicking. I don’t want to be so blind that I end up walking the plank voluntarily, dragging the ball and chains tied to my feet on my way to the abyss.

He makes us believe we are powerless. He convinces us that we are so unworthy of God’s mercy that we hide in shame. He twists reality in such a way that we end up accepting the lie that we are despised by God. Therefore, we, rather than running to Christ for redemption, end up running away from the Only One who can rescue us.

The good news is that we don’t have to succumb to the Devil’s schemes. We have the most perfect weapon to combat the enemy forces that strike against us. We have Jesus! And in Christ we are victorious. No matter how horrible life may seem, we overcome it all in Him!

There is power in the name of Jesus to break up ALL the chains!

We have the shield of faith to protect us. We have the sword that is the Word to slash the enemy in two when he advances. But we have to know it. We have to have it hidden in our hearts, ready to be pulled out at a moment’s notice.

What Bible verses do you have in your armory to block the attack of the enemy, strike him back and defeat him when he is after you?

Linking with:  Sandra Heskaking.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.