Tuesday, March 22, 2016



The Finder always goes after the lost, because of three main reasons:

1. He LOVES them.

2. He is the only one who knows where to find them.

3. He is the only one who knows how to bring them back.

It’s that simple.

We have seen how Jesus illustrates the immeasurable worth of those who wander off. In the examples found in the parables of Luke 15 we see that the sheep, the coin and the son are invaluable to those who lost them. In reality, the lost are all of us. The Finder is God. And the One who goes after us is Jesus. And every child of God is worth the precious blood of Christ.

In my inadequate comments so far I have shared my feelings about being lost myself and about the potential disaster that would be to lose my sons. However, no matter how much I think my personal experiences relate to what Jesus is talking about in Luke 15, nothing really can compare. For instance, I could lose my sons to the world, and regardless of any super human efforts I may attempt to recover them, I might utterly fail. The truth is I wouldn’t even know where to start looking for them. And even if I could find them, depending on their circumstances, I probably wouldn’t have the power to begin compelling them to return. Jesus is the Only One who can effectively accomplish such rescue mission.

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness. 
Lamentations 3: 22-23

In the next few posts we will take a close look at The Father whose heart is filled with compassion and how He ran to meet him on the way…and how He celebrated the lost son´s return.

In the meantime, let us remember that He loves us. He knows us. And we are never out of His reach…no matter how lost we think we might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.