Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy 4th of July!



Praise the Lord for another 4th of July! Happy Birthday to the greatest country in the World!

Even though I was not born here, I have been adopted by this great land and I feel honored to call it my home. I celebrate this day as a day to honor freedom and the limitless potential of human ingenuity when guided by God. The United States experiment has been one of trial and triumph. Trial, because we have tried to make something wonderful here, but it has not been easy. It has been a journey marked by toil. But it is also an experience filled with triumph because the efforts have given amazing results.

We are not perfect. We know we are not. Those who label Americans as arrogant do so because of a lack of understanding of the essence of what it means to be an American. It is not arrogance. It is love. And anyone who has ever loved anyone or anything knows that it is almost impossible not to feel proud of the object of their affection. I love this country. Therefore, I am proud of it.

All these said, I cannot deny the fact that there are seriously profound issues that need to be addressed and hopefully fixed. However, today is not the day for that. I am not going to spend my 4th of July complaining. I am going to spend it with my family, praising the Lord for all the blessings and for the life He has given me here.

God Bless America, My Home, Sweet Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.