Friday, August 9, 2019

10-Minute Challenge


"Rest in His presence for 10 minutes and see how you feel at the end..."  This is the challenge that MomStrong Moms were supposed to do this week.  Yeah, I know.  It's already Friday.  But, better late than never, right?

Well, I did it.  I spent the last 10 minutes intentionally meditating on the Name of Jesus.  I closed my eyes at 4:17 with the intention of keeping them close until 4:27, but...of course...after 3 minutes, I had to open them again to see how much time had passed...I closed them again, and after 3 more minutes repeating in my head that "There's Power in the Name of Jesus" and that "He is the King of Who I am" I opened them again.  This time, my eyes landed on the banner of my blog that reads: "My Redeemer Lives..." That phrase has meant the world to me for the last 8 years since I began this blog, but often...I don't even see it...today, however, when my eyes focused on it, it felt very comforting.

In the midst of this hectic season of my life, this Bible Study challenge of spending 10 minutes of 100% devoted attention to God has shown me that God has provided a most perfect space for us to meet.  This blog represents that place where I go to spend time with Him, and for that, I am most grateful!  It's funny how my mind didn't articulate any of these thoughts while in the 10 minute-pause...but my mind did go to an attitude of thanksgiving.  It wasn't until I started to type that I could put into words my experience.  But, I guess, my heart did recognize the emotion as expressions of gratitude inundated my soul for the reminder of the time.  My mind also went to a couple of people I had had conversations with today and who needed prayers...so...all in all...I can say, the intentional quiet time with the Lord was very calming and intense at the same time.

My mind wandered a couple of times, but I was able to reign it back in.  My eyes opened, but it was a good thing, because by opening, I was able to be reminded of His blessings, which many times go unnoticed.  My soul found rest and my heart filled with thanksgiving.  What else can we ask for, right?  The best spent 10 minutes in a long time!

May the expectations of this busy season lower so I/we can find moments of complete intimacy with Our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.