Friday, November 13, 2020

My Proclamation

This morning, as I read my little devotional, I was reminded of how much I love, LOVE 2 Samuel chapter 22.  It is the chapter when David sings to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. (2 Samuel 22: 1)

David's song occupies pretty much the entire chapter.  It is a full out song of praise, prayer and thanksgiving.  It is a declaration of God's might in the king's life...and by default, it is a declaration of God's might in our lives.  As a child of God, spiritual heiress of David, I claim this song as my own; and today, particularly, I claim the following excerpt: 

“As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless;
he shields all who take refuge in him.
For who is God besides the Lord?
And who is the Rock except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength
and keeps my way secure.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he causes me to stand on the heights.
He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You make your saving help my shield;
your help has made me great.
You provide a broad path for my feet,
so that my ankles do not give way." 2 Samuel 22: 31-37

I claim all the promises in these verses.  And I make them my proclamation of Trust.  Even if I feel lost, confused, scared, I trust that God's way is, indeed, PERFECT!  Even if I find myself an outcast, rejected, alone, exposed, defeated, I trust that Our Lord Almighty will, indeed, be my refuge and that His saving help is my shield.  Even if I feel like a slug, not getting anywhere, too slow to get to safety, too tired to escape my enemies, I trust that He will make my feet like the feet of deer and make me stand on the heights.  And, as I see the dark clouds of war gathering in the horizon, I trust that He will train my hands for battle, for the battle will be fierce...but I'm not afraid, because

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
from violent people you save me. 2 Samuel 22: 2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.