Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Waiting for the Lord

 Waking up this morning to the anxiety of not knowing who won the presidential elections is causing me to feel unwell.  This is not a healthy state of mind for anyone.  My spirit is shaking and the cold chills of fright run up and down my spine.  I brace myself, but fear overcomes me. I trust the Lord, but I wonder...

What can I do? How can I put my mind at ease?

Everytime I experience the wild emotions I'm feelin this morning, I go to the Psalms.  Drawing nearer Him by drawing nearer to the Word is the only thing that can truly quiet my heart.  Psalm 27 is speaking to me in a very profound way, especially the last two verses:

I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27: 13-14

I remain confident that the Lord is near; therefore hope is near, like CH Spurgeon said...nothing should make hope dissipate, even if the results of the elections are not what I had desired.  No election outcomes would change the fact that Hope is near because God is near. 

My confidence in the nearness of God gives me hope that I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Right here and now...I will witness His goodness, because God is Good, and all the time He is Good!

And, my confidence in his nearness and goodness will equip me for the wait that still remains.  As I wait, my confidence and trust is in Him, and in Him alone.  No man that ever lived compares to the Lord.  No politician would ever be my savior or the savior of the world.  I belong to the Royal Family of My King...and no president would ever change that.  Therefore, I wait in confidence as My King gives me the strength and the heart to wait upon Him, and Him alone.

May Our Lord hear our voices when we call.  May He be merciful to us and answer us.  May the Holy Spirit guide us as we Seek His Face, for Your Face, Lord, is what we must seek.  In the Precious Name of My Jesus.  Amen!

2 comments:

  1. Gisela, I cannot tell you how much I needed this today. I have been so anxious and stressed out about this election. I feel stuck almost unable to get moving. Thank you so much for your words of calm. Sure could use one of our visits about now. ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gisela! I too am so anxious about the outcome. I cannot even watch or listen because of the dread I feel for our country’s future. I keep praying the Lord’s will be done and tell myself because He has willed it, good must come from it. I am trying to find peace but am struggling. Your words have encouraged me to read his words and let the message of hope calm me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.