Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Scriptures to Live By

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." John 16: 33

I cling to these words today, for I believe challenging times are ahead, and my heart may be too weak to endure it.  That's why, instead of lingering on the problems, I must dwell in His Word.  That's why, instead of focusing on the future, I must stand on the Solid Rock and seek His Presence in the present.

The future does not belong to us.  It belongs to the Lord.  When we make the future our center, we enter a space that is not part of our realm.  That can cause all kinds of anxiety as fear for what we cannot control, but only imagine, overtakes us.  

That's not what we're called to do.  We are called to seek Him and trust His plan.  Even if the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, His steadfast love will never depart and His peace will never be removed, the Lord, Our God of compassion reminds us. (Isaiah 54: 10) 

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will exult in the LORD; I will rejoice in the God of my salvation! Habakkuk 3: 17-18

These are all words I will live by in the days to come.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3: 5-6

And, May the God of hope fill [us] with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit [we] may abound in hope. (Romans 15: 13) And let the peace of Christ rule in [our] hearts, to which indeed [we] were called in one body. And be thankful. (Colossians 3: 15) Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.