Tuesday, April 19, 2022

I Need You Every Hour

 Happy Easter to everyone!

I am so grateful for Jesus, I have no words.  His Sacrifice...His Death on the Cross...His Glorious Resurrection...His Gift of the Holy Spirit...how would I ever survive walking through this valley of shadows and pain without the Hope of Jesus?  Without His sustaining Presence?

I need Thee, O I need Thee
Every hour I need Thee
O bless me now, my Savior
I come to Thee
O bless me now, my Savior
I come to Thee

This song by Fernando Ortega came to my mind yesterday as I read my devotional where it said:  

"I have designed you to need Me moment by moment."

WOW...that sure is true in my life.  I do need You, Jesus every single moment of my life.  Your Presence is my only source of peace.  It is only by coming closer to You that the peace that surpasses all understanding can overflow my soul.  Any other claims to be the fountain of peace are flawed: financial stability, home security, food safety, relationships, health, youth...none of these can provide the peace that Christ can offer...because peace is not a thing to be attained.  Peace is a Person to be known.

The Apostle Paul reminds us, in what are some of my most favorite verses, to surrender it all to Jesus in hopeful expectation for the floodgates of peace to be opened:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4: 6-7

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4: 16

I need You every hour, every hour I need You, indeed, My Blessed Savior...I come to You! Thank you for who You Are, Lord.  Thank You for considering me worthy of Your sacrifice.  Thank You for Your love that sees me as someone worth saving.  In the Precious Name of Jesus.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.