Saturday, April 9, 2022

Protected by His Angels

Do you believe that God uses others to activate His protection over you to keep you from making mistakes that could sink you like the Titanic?

I sure do! 

This past week was very stressful at work.  

That statement is becoming more and more common and I don't like it.  

I am so looking forward to summer break. I even cancelled the class I was supposed to teach during summer session because I don't really want work interfering with me getting some rest and relaxation.  A couple of days ago, however, I made a mistake that had the potential of ruining any hope for smoother sailing at work, let alone a peaceful summer break.

I was so angry at something that had happened to me which had hurt my pride deeply...that I wrote a letter of complain.  By God's grace, I shared the letter with a dear and trusted friend/colleague who had the clarity of mind to tell me not to send it.  The problem was, that by the time she tried to reach me to tell me not to send it...I had already submitted it.  I was so angry I hand-delivered it because I wanted it to get to the recipient's hands without delay.  I didn't see my friend's urgent messages and phone calls until almost an hour and a half later.  When I finally saw them...I knew I had made a very costly mistake.  God, however, had other plans.  I ran to the office of the intended recipient and he hadn't come in yet so I was able to pull the letter and avert the crisis.  

[Insert a deep sigh of relief...]

The more I thought about it and talked about it with my friend later...the more I realized how God had delivered me from great evil...and how He had used her to activate His protection over me.  So I stand here, in the middle of my stress...still making plans for a restful summer, rather than planning strategies on how to get out of the grave I'd dug for myself given my unchecked prideful response.

Praise the Lord!

You never know who or what ... but we do know that He will extend His hand of protection over us according to His plan.

For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. Psalm 91: 11

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.