Saturday, April 2, 2022

His Power in Us

 The sky is blue this morning and the sun is out...what a gift! I am so tired of being in the middle of this fight between winter and spring.  It would be nice if the Ref would settle it and declare spring the winner already, wouldn't it?

At any rate, it's been a while since I've had a chance to visit these pages.  I have been so buried in work that I don't even know what day it is.  I'm not joking.  Most days, I have to really, really think and look at the calendar to try to figure out if it is Wednesday or Friday.  I can't wait for this semester to be done and over with.  Four more weeks of class and finals week...I wonder if I'll have the strength to get through them...

Have you ever felt like that? Have you felt as if you have no strength left...?

I'm sure you have.  

I think women, for the most part, have a tendency to wear themselves out until they are so depleted that fatigue is the only thing they can feel anymore.  It's like we are always running on empty...kind of like our cars now that gas is so expensive.  

The good news is, we don't have to rely on our own source of strength.  As a matter of fact, in our weakness, at our worst...in those moments of complete exhaustion, when we are drained and on our last leg...those are the moments when God's strength is magnified in us.  Let's just rejoice in that fact as we take a few minutes to pause and savor...truly internalize God's Word telling us:

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12: 9

What a marvelous truth.  May the Holy Spirit help us absorb this knowledge in a way that it gets written in our hearts and minds so that when we spiral down that road of emotional bankruptcy and energy depletion, we remember it.  May His Name be Glorified in us as we continue to walk on this weary land.  Praise You, Lord Jesus for being our source of strength and power.  Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.