Friday, April 29, 2022

Waiting is Hard

 "Waiting is hard, but worth it...because God's timing is perfect."  I think this is what a quote I saw in Facebook a few minutes ago said.  It might not be the exact same words, but the essence is there.  It's a message I've heard and repeated a million times, but it will be a few million times more until I assimilate it.

I sure needed to hear it right about now, though.  We've been waiting for news about something, and I was sure we'd hear today, but the day came with a lot of promise and wrapped up in silence...no phone call...no message...just the sting of disappointment.  

"I trust You, Lord...I trust You..." I keep repeating myself, but in my impatience I'm tempted to give up hope.  Waiting is hard...ugh...especially for people like me, who like to have everything under their tight control.  Waiting, though, is one of the best classrooms in life.  It is during our times of waiting that we learn to let go.  It is while we wait that we learn we are not in control.  It is while we wait that we learn to surrender and to to rediscover hope.  

"Suffering produces perseverance..." says Romans 5: 3  and all kinds of good things come from perseverance.  Well, waiting is suffering for me...life must be about to get really good then, right?

At any rate, may we approach our times of waiting as a chance to grow...as a time for God to empower us and develop us.  After all,

...because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. 

Romans 5: 4-5




No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.