Thursday, July 12, 2012

Peace Be With All Tonight



In peace I will lie down and sleep,
for you alone, Lord,
make me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4: 8)


I can’t believe it…my wonderful day of doing nothing has ended…sigh. The boys, all three of them, are fast asleep. I’m the only dweller of this household who is still wide awake. I don’t want to go to bed just yet. I want to savor the wonderful taste of the day one last time.

The Lord has been good to me, and for that I praise Him. He gave me another day to enjoy His creation and my life. My soul overflows with gratitude for He is good all the time. I pray that I may always remember to give Him thanks in all situations.

It’s time to close shop now. The dark of night is here; but the promise of a new day lies a brief time ahead. Until then, I pray my soul will…
”Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.” (Psalm 116: 7)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I am also thankful for each day He lets me get back out of bed in the morning!

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.