Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hiding in the Cleft of the Rock

It’s “funny” how the Holy Spirit works in us. I use the word “funny” for a lack of a better adjective since His inexpressibility and inexplicability have hit new heights in my life during the last few weeks. Hidden among a piling mountain of unexpected and rather unfortunate events, the Holy Spirit’s whisperings have slowly become louder, of perhaps I’ve just finally began to pay more attention lately.

The thing is that a few weeks ago I started thinking about my need to get back to the blog, but I have been so stressed out and busy that I have been postponing it until today. Health issues on one side, and work issues on the other, sandwiched in heart issues to make a truly messy “sloppy Joe’s.” In the midst of all these, the thought of hiding became very appealing to me.

I have wanted to hide from all the complications of life. I’ve wanted to quit. I’ve wanted to find a safe place where I could just collapse. I’ve wanted to hide in the arms of my Savior and forget about the world. As it happens, however, we can’t just run away from problems and difficulties. They have a way of finding us until we have properly dealt with them. What we can do, however, is to be still and know that He is God and that He is love. (Psalm 46: 10) As a loving God, He does provide a place of hiding. As the storms get stronger, He carves a cleft in the rock where He hides us until the storm is gone and we can come out again or until He calls us home.

He who commands the winds and the waves, He who created the winds and the waves, is on my side. His name is Faithful. He has been faithful before and He will be faithful again. He carves a place in the rock where we can rest protected. Just like He did with Moses when His glory was going to pass by, He placed Moses in the cleft of the rock and covered him so he would not be harmed by the power of the LORD’s presence. (Exodus 33: 22) The same way, the Lord, who is the Rock, carves a cleft, a hiding place for His beloved during times of hardship, until the sun comes out again, and darkness dissipates.

As I peak out of my hiding place, I see the radiance of His Light as He’s passed by. He takes care of His children. He does have a plan, and His plan is perfect even when we cannot understand it. He who began a work in me will see it to completion. (Philippians 1: 6) He is not done with me yet. His hand is upon me and I will trust in His unfailing love as I wait for daylight, for I know that “Joy comes in the morning!” (Psalm 30: 6)

2 comments:

  1. Gisela - Every time I read your blog I feel that there is always something that I can apply in my own life. Thank you for sharing...

    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am honored that you would think so, June. Praise the Lord for He makes His Word fresh for us every day.

      Delete

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.