Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A New Word



Well, the last day of the year is finally here. Today, I would like to continue a new tradition I started a couple of years ago. Rather than a New Year’s resolution, I want to have a theme word for the year that’s about to begin. Last year’s word was “refocus” and it was a good word for me. I will keep that one for ever since I will never be truly focused while still on this side of heaven. The year before it was “hope” which will never end either! …but in 2015 I will add “revival.”

I have actually been thinking about this word for a while now. I’ve been praying for it to occur not only in my own soul but in those around me. This is actually a word I pray would transcend beyond the walls of my own house. I pray for revival in my extended family, in this town, in this nation, in the entire world! I pray the Lord will bring revival around my kitchen table, around Grant’s lunch table at school, around Dylan’s playground at recess, around our work places and in the lonely hearts of those who feel left out from the promises of God.

So, on this last day of 2014 I lift up the prayer of the six “Rs” of revival:

I pray Our Heavenly Father would reclaim us and rescue us from this world.

I pray He would redeem us.

I pray He would restore us.

I pray He would reveal Himself to us.

I pray He would re-direct our paths.

I pray He would revive us!

For You have rescued my soul from death, My eyes from tears, My feet from stumbling. I shall walk before the LORD In the land of the living. Psalm 116: 8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.