Friday, August 21, 2015

Too Late?


Four years have gone by
And the words still can’t come out
The world is up-side-down
For the love I once thought I had
Is no longer sensed…not sure it was ever there…

Four years have gone by
And now I’m lying on a bed
I know I will never leave of my own will.
I feel life’s end closing in
I’m losing hope I’ll ever see his face once again on this earth.

Four years and a few days
And I still can’t make myself pick up the phone.
Four years and a few days
And I can’t shake off the hate in my head.

I don’t even know how long it’s been
All I know it’s been too long.
I’m grasping my last breaths
Praying he’ll come to me soon enough
before it’s too late.

People say I’m crazy
But I feel it in my gut
The wrong he’s done to me is real
The hurt is not in my head
Anger overcomes me…
No matter what people say, to me it is a big deal!

"Don't wait any longer,
go see him before it’s too late!"
a thorn pokes my heart from a distant place I try to forget,
like a flaming arrow I cannot evade.

Is it too late?
Is it ever too late?

I get in the car
Rushing through sleepy towns at the crack of dawn
The hours feel longer
As I speed on the highway
The whole world seems to slow down just because I’m in a hurry.

I can’t hang on any longer
I have walked through the threshold
The door is quickly closing behind me
I’m sorry son for all the wrongs
I’m so sorry for the pain I caused
It was not intentionally done, please trust me
For I have done nothing but love you
With all my strength, my heart and devotion.

I make an effort not to run through the hallways
But I don’t really know where I’m going.
I’m still so angry, I’m tempted to turn around
But the thought on the back of my mind
Tells me to stay.
Even though it may be too late.

I wish I could tell you how much I love you…
I did the best I knew how
It’s all over now.

It’s too late, it’s too late
Punching the wall, I cry out
It’s too late, it’s too late
Why did you do this to me?
Why did you have to go like this?
It’s too late, it’s too late!
I can’t believe you couldn’t wait!
It’s too late…
I hate you…I love you…it’s too late…
Is it ever too late…is it ever too late to find forgiveness?
Is it ever too late for one last embrace?
Would we ever meet again…where it is never too late?



No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.