Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Word that I Praise



When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
In God, whose word I praise—
in God I trust and am not afraid.
Psalm 56: 3-4a


This is God’s word to us this morning. This is His reminder to remain in Him because He is Trustworthy. As we worry about the things of this world, as we worry about our loved ones and about ourselves, let’s remember that His word is true, and we need not be afraid.

It is hard for me not to worry. Especially when it comes to health issues, I cannot stay calm. But God is teaching me that the right response when something comes up is not to panic…it is to pray… pray in faith, pray and trust. I need to remember that when I am attacked by that old, enemy-induced fear I know so well, I have to go to Christ, I have to go to the Word! The Word that I praise, the Word that sustains me, the Word that protects me, the Word that shows me the way so I am not afraid.

This morning, I hang on to the Word and I trust He will take care of the fear in my heart and the worry in my mind.

For you have delivered me from death
and my feet from stumbling,
that I may walk before God
in the light of life.
Psalm 56: 13

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.