Friday, December 25, 2015

Let Us Make Room for HIM!



…and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them. Luke 2: 7

Today, after all the presents have been opened, the breakfast dishes sit in the sink, and we are getting ready to meet the extended family, I begin to think, of all the people involved in the events of the birth of Jesus, who was NOT waiting? Who was caught not ready?

Well, I imagine most people were neither ready for nor waiting or expecting the Messiah would actually come during their lifetime. However, I’m thinking specifically of one person. I’m thinking of a person whose door was knocked on and he was unable to accommodate for being already too full. I’m thinking of the Inn Keeper, of course.

When Joseph and Mary desperately needed it most, the owner of the inn did not find any room for them to stay and for the child to be delivered safely. His house was already full…and he sent them to the cave that served as a stable to keep the animals. The Highest of Kings…born in the lowliest and most humble of places.

How many times have I sent Jesus to the caves of my soul because my life was just too full to make room for Him? Too full with the things of this world…too full to make room for the things of Heaven…



I pray that this Christmas I can learn and cheerfully declare that my heart belongs entirely to Christ so He can fill it up with His presence as He empties it of the worldly shaft that clutters it …and I pray that such becomes a reality for my loved ones as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.