Thursday, December 31, 2015


Trust

Scripture says:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  Proverbs 3: 5

The KJV Dictionary defines trust as:
Confidence; a reliance or resting of the mind on the integrity, veracity, justice, friendship or other sound principle of another person.

Therefore,
let’s make 2016 the year we completely rest our minds in the confidence that The Lord is truly reliable and will not abandon us…regardless of our understanding or lack of thereof, of our circumstances. 


December 31st, the day we wrap up the year behind us, is also the day that for many, a roller coaster of emotions may overtake our souls. For some of us the holiday blues has begun to settle in. In the midst of the New Year’s glitz, often, some of us experience overwhelming feelings of loneliness, loss and sadness. For some, the date sparks fear and anxiety. The unknown road ahead seems scary from our vantage point. It is a time that inevitably submerges us in the melancholic waters of endings as well as in the stressful currents of beginnings.

The child of God is not exempted from this madness. The difference is that we are able to find our footing when we feel we’re slipping since we stand on solid ground…we stand on the Rock!

This New Year’s Eve I want to close 2015 with my word for 2016: TRUST! The Lord has been teaching me for years how to trust Him. He has been and continues to be hard at work on pointing me into the road to true trust…but I’m not there yet. I keep falling behind in my homework and I keep losing the way in my walk. That’s why I would like to make a new beginning here, and focus on Trust right from the start of the year.

In order to seek His trust I will begin a new series on this topic and I hope you can follow along in your own walk on the way to trusting Him! Have a Blessed 2016!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post - the scripture above was what I needed today. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you as well in this new adventure called 2016! Hugs!

      Delete

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.