Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Time and Money



Last Sunday at our home church, our Pastor talked about the crucial subject of the Lordship of Christ in our lives. Of course He is Our Lord. Of course He is MY Lord. I proclaim it day in and day out. I say it. I believe it. However, do my actions reveal it? Does the way I lead my life show that Jesus is Lord?

Pastor Doug told us one way we can detect the level of our commitment to the Lordship of Christ in our lives is to take a look at our checking account disbursements and at our calendar.

The way we allocate money and time are good indicators of who really is Lord over us.

WOW! That was convicting!

I have not dared looking into either of those yet…but I can tell that the stuff in both of those documents won’t scream Jesus is Lord…I am very jealous of my time. I spend too much of it doing the things I want. I don’t like interruptions. I don’t like changes in my plans. I make excuses. I hide. I hoard my time. And my money…well…let’s just say I’m pretty tight with it too. I’m just so attached to the things of this world I’m afraid Jesus is not comfortably sitting on His throne within my heart and my soul.

But rather than guilt, I choose trust. I choose not to be pierced by the arrows of the enemy who wants to extinguish the flame of victory that Jesus has lit in my life. I choose to trust His love, mercy and guiding hand which leads me back to His side when I´ve wandered off.  I choose to believe that He will help me be more intentional about making Him Lord over my time, money, loved ones, life.  I choose to believe in His Grace and I choose to rejoice in the truth that GRACE covers a multitude of sins. It is by what He did and continues to do that I am forgiven. Not by what I do (Praised be His Name!) And although sometimes I feel like the Psalmist in Psalm 38:4,

My guilt has overwhelmed me
like a burden too heavy to bear…
I confess my iniquity;
I am troubled by my sin. (18)

I pray,

Lord, do not forsake me;
do not be far from me, my God.
Come quickly to help me,
my Lord and my Savior. (21-22)


And I trust that He will. His Grace is sufficient. It cleanses the heart and soul of the truly repentant…it makes all things new…even me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.