Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Ugly Feet

 I don't like many things about my body.  The list is very long and I don't want to get into details, but I just wanted to mention one body part that I have been self-conscious about since I was a teen: my feet.  I used to get teased about them.  They are way too large, sweaty, smelly, semi-deformed.  My toes look more like fingers, and since I've broken a few of them because in my clumsiness...they are crooked and disgusting. 

At any rate.  I have never gotten a pedicure because I don't want to subject anyone to have to deal with my feet.  It would just be too humiliating, so I keep saying, no thanks!  I can only imagine the kind of conversations the pedicurists would exchange after I'm gone: did you see "Mrs. big foot" there? Her feet are so huge we needed a towel for each toe!

No thank you!

...so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him. John 13: 4-5

Dear Lord, I am so not worth it.  I am so not worth Your incredible act of service towards those who like me do not deserve it.  To see You in such a humble position, washing my dirty, ugly, nauseating feet.  I cannot fathom it.  I'm sure I would have joined Peter in saying, Lord,  “you shall never wash my feet.” (John 13: 8) Only to be rebuked by Jesus, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.” (John 13: 8b)

And that's where we are at.  Unless Jesus washes us, we have no part with Him.  So, Lord, I pray You will come into my heart and wash me from the inside out, all of me, all the way down to my revolting feet, so I can be with You...so I can be a part of You...so I can enter into Your Holy Sanctuary fully restored. 

Thank you, Lord Jesus for everything.  May we be able to walk into Your presence with clean souls, clean hearts, clean minds, clean spirits and yes, even, clean feet.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.