Thursday, December 27, 2018

Jesus Speaks to Women: Luke 1

39 At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, 40 where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth.41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!” Luke 1: 39-45

Have you ever spoken words that you don't know where they are coming from?  Have you ever said something to a friend in need, which, when you think back, you have no idea how you had the insight of mind to say such things?  Have someone ever told you, "remember when you said such and such to me? I really needed to hear those words!" and you are like, "did I say that?"?

I believe that the Holy Spirit could speak through the mouths of believers when we are open to become a channel for The Word.  Again, I'm not a theologian or a teacher of the Word, but I believe that we are the Temple of the Holy Spirit! (1 Corinthians 3: 16-17, 1 Corinthians 6: 19) And that His indwelling makes us God's children. (Romans 8: 14)  His presence empowers us to be His witnesses! (Acts 1: 8)  And I believe these words are as true today as they were when they were written.  Therefore, I believe that we are capable of speaking words inspired by the wisdom that only the Holy Spirit can provide:
10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. 1 Corinthians 2: 10-13

The Holy Spirit is our connection, our direct connection to the Father and the Son.  That is the miracle, God in us!  That is the gift, the Holy Spirit living in us!  And as such, how can He be silenced?

Just like Elizabeth couldn't help but to jump into such speech when she encountered the presence of the Unborn-God-Incarnate, we can too, speak inspired words at the precise right moment.  Just like Elizabeth said exactly what young-troubled Mary needed to hear through the wisdom of the Holy Spirit, we too, can be the instruments through which the Holy Spirit helps and comforts a sorrowful soul.  Not even the unborn, John the Baptist could keep from leaping from joy at the presence of the Son of God...imagine, what the Holy Spirit would do for us, while He is in us and if we are willing to allow Him to work through us.

When I don't know what to say...which is pretty much all the time, I invoke the Holy Spirit.  That's the only way I can have peace after speaking or saying anything.  Because I trust He is the One speaking through me, in spite of my imperfect words...I pray, that before I communicate, I call on Him first...always!

Dear Lord, allow us to be in such fine tune to Your frequency that our words communicate Your wisdom and Your message when we speak!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.