Monday, December 30, 2019

F.R.O.G. - My Word for 2020


I can't believe it's that time of the year again...when we start thinking about resolutions and such.  I haven't done New Year's resolutions in a long time.  What I've done, however, is to select a "word" for the year.  This is a word that, as it pops into my mind, it helps me refocus...hopefully...

Some years the experience is more successful than others.  To tell you the truth, in 2019, I feel as if I fell short of the goal with my word.  It was "humility."  As I look back...I'm ashamed to admit that there were many moments that lacked humility during this year...sigh...

However, the interesting thing was that, the word did pop up into my mind at times when I was not being humble.  I did notice it...and I think that's part of the point, right?  I was aware most times when I was not being humble.  I would be doing something very prideful, and the word would come to me, as a quiet reminder of my shortcoming.  This is why, I have decided that humility is something I need to continue to pray for...not just in 2019, but every year I'm still on this earth.

But, I do have a new concept I want to keep as my guide for 2020, though.  The word is "FROG."  I know, it's a funny word; but it's because it is actually an acronym.  F.R.O.G. means:  Fully Rely on God!

I was reminded of this acronym today when thinking about a children's ministry I used to be a part of many years ago.  I was not very good at it, but my dear friend was the Director at the time, so I helped out because of my loyalty to her.  Every year we would have a new T-Shirt, and one year it was the F.R.O.G. shirt.  I loved it!  I still have it...it's kind of tight now, but every time I see it, it brings a smile to my face.  I sure had to "fully rely on God" at that time in order to keep going with my part in that ministry...I sure continue to "fully rely on God" for everything in my life now too. 

Self-reliance is what we tend to aspire in our society.  As children of the Most High, however, or reliance is on Christ!  That's why I would like to declare today that, in 2020, I want to be intentional about "fully relying on God."  I don't want to pretend that I can do all things on my own.  I want to be assured that I can do all things in Christ, who is my strength! 

It is my prayer that the Holy Spirit may give us the guidance we need in order to step into the new year confident on the Faithfulness of Our Heavenly Father.  For now, I will take my leap of faith with my FROG!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.