Monday, December 9, 2019

Opportunities to Trust You!

Anxiety, fear, worry...none of these words seem appropriate when trying to be encouraging, do they? Of course not.  However, these are precisely the emotions that move me to be intentional about seeking my trust in God.

I've always been terrified by the mere thought of medical exams.  The anxiety of the "what if" eats me alive.  A couple of years ago, though, the Holy Spirit guided me towards an attitude of thanksgiving when feeling the cold grip of fear.  Rather than submitting to panic, I must submit to prayer, while thanking Our Almighty Father for giving me another opportunity to trust Him and to draw near His Presence.

Never do I feel closer to My Lord than when I am on the verge of falling into the terror of the hospital waiting room...my hands are cold and sweaty, but my heart is fixed on seeking evidence of His Presence and His Love in me.  The precious name of Jesus resonates in my mind like a soothing lullaby...hushing my frazzled soul.

So, rather than lamenting...I try to concentrate on the blessing that these moments bring ... if my anxious state leads me further still in my walk with Christ, well, Praise the Lord for that!

A change of perspective is all it takes to put in practice the words of the Apostle Paul:

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

May we always seek the opportunities to thank You and to trust You, Lord, whether immersed in the joys of life or deep in the pit of desolation...shine Your Light brightly in our hearts to know that You are constantly near, regardless of how we feel.  In the precious name of Jesus.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.