Friday, April 2, 2021

Thank You for Good Friday

 Today is the commemoration of the day the Jesus was crucified and died on the cross...Good Friday...what a glorious day.  Sometimes, it's easy to wonder why we call it "good" when Jesus died such a horrendous death.  It would have been better if Jesus didn't have to go through such terrible passion...but, the sins of the world are too many, and the price of redemption and of forgiveness is too high.  Only the Precious Blood of Christ can pay it.  And Good Friday is the day He Paid it all...therefore, it is "Good" for us.

Today is the day that Jesus said:   “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” (Luke 23: 34)  Today is the day He breathed His last on this world.  It is the day He committed His spirit into the hands of the Father and gave up His life for us. (Luke 23: 46)  Today is the day, "the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two." (Luke 23: 45).  Today is the day all hope seemed to be lost...when actually, true Hope has just began.  

Today is a Good Day, because it is the day that made possible the direct connection between man and God.  It is the day when Jesus became the bridge and made the gap disappeared.  Today is the day that makes Job's prophetic words possible:  

I know that my redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!
Job 19: 25-27

I don't know much, but I know that My Redeemer lives!  He lives, indeed! Praised be His Holy Name!

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Isaiah 53: 5

Thank you, Lord Jesus!  Thank You for the Cross.  Thank You for Your Blood.  Thank You for Your Sacrifice.  Thank You for Your Forgiveness.  Thank You for Your Life.  Thank You for Good Friday.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.