Thursday, March 8, 2012

Attempting to Walk in His Perfect Will

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.


I don’t really know anybody who deliberately chooses to go through hard times. Given the choice, I certainly would never, purposely choose difficulties over ease. However, "My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. Isaiah 55: 8

Needless to say, then, the Lord has a plan that not always coincides with ours. His plan, however, is perfect and eternal. It has stood since the foundation of the world, when He first called us, For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight Ephesians 1: 4. And it will stand despite the differing and despairing plans of mankind, for:

Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19: 21

And His purposes are always good, regardless of whether the circumstances are not of our own choosing.

I am in the midst of a season of worrying a lot about my sons. Some call this season, “motherhood.” I sure hope I learn how to strike the right balance of healthy concern where I don’t tilt the weights to either extreme. But I know I will never achieve peace on my own. I know it in my head, but I struggle to assimilate this truth in my heart. The peace that trusting God in everything provides still doesn’t run freely through my veins and arteries.

I’m still not on the other side of the issue. I’m still walking “through the valley.” And that makes complete trust hard to reach. And that is exactly why I am still wandering in the “valley of difficulties.” I am one of those with “little faith” still.

I seek refuge in Him and in His Word. And His Word tells me that I must walk confidently because He walks before me. I should walk confidently because of who He is. The knowledge of the nature of God is my walking stick. I lean on His staff, for He is God. And God is good; and God is faithful, and God is love, and He loves me.

God is good.

Nahum 1: 7
The LORD is good,
a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him…


God is faithful.
Deuteronomy 7:9
Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.


Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?


God is love.
1 John 4: 8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.


God loves me.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.


Romans 8:37-39
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In the middle of my struggle, I then trust that, if I just place it all at the feet of Christ as my living sacrifice, He will use it for good, for that is His nature, and He is unchangeable. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8


Regardless of how difficult, the Lord can and will use every circumstance for good if we surrender it to Him. Just like Joseph said to his brothers: You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done… Genesis 50: 20 God can accomplish great things for His Kingdom through every situation, despite of how evil twisted it in the beginning.
The enemy manipulates and deceives us until we find ourselves immersed in situations beyond our control and deprived of joy; but if we turn around and tell our Lord, “Jesus, I know you can change this into something good. I trust you,” we’d have nothing left to do but to sit tight and wait for the miracle.

What the Lord works out would perhaps be very different from what we ever dreamed or planned on our own. But the end result would be perfect, because it will be in accordance with God’s perfect will. Even if we don’t get to see it,-the Bible is filled with examples of people who didn’t get to witnessed personally the end result of their lifetime dedication to God’s Kingdom-, in the end it will happen. God will work it out because, …we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8: 28

I had dreams that have not become true, and never will. Well, who doesn’t, right? But I have realities that extend far beyond what I could have ever possibly known to dream about. Still, it is not all what I would have chosen given the opportunity; but it is all perfect still.

2 comments:

  1. I love your whole blog especially the last paragraph. I've said similar myself. When you find yourself in a place you never planned but beyond your wildest dreams - you know God is at work in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michonda. I appreciate your words, and yes, you are so right, "when you find yourself in a place you never dreamed, you know God is at work in your life" and He put you there for a purpose...we need just to recognize that and open our eyes to see the reality of His perfect will even when it does not go according to our "plans." hugs!

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.