Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Calling Upon His Name



“…at their wits’ end…they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and he brought them out of their distress.”  Psalm 107:27 – 28, NIV 

How many times a day do I call out to the Lord? I’m not sure…a lot! I don’t think I could get through a single day without calling out to His Name. It is the source of my strength and the way I survive my self-induced anxiety and the mental anguish of my days. If left to my own devices, my mind would shrivel my soul and dry it out until it disintegrates in the wind. 

Thanks to His promise, however, I do not wither and die. I survive because I cling to His Word as it is written that: to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours: Grace and peace [will flow] to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1: 2-3 

I believe that His “Grace and peace” will fill me as I call upon Him, as I trust Him, as I realize that He is permanently at work in me, as I rest in His care and in His perfect will. I got to believe it. Therefore, I am not ashamed of my weakness for I am strong in Him, who is strength. 

That is why, like the group 7eventh Time Down suggests in their song “Just Say Jesus,” I will… 

Whisper it now, or shout it out 
However it comes out, He hears your cry 
Out of nowhere He will come, you got to believe it 
He will rescue you 
Just call out to the Way, The Truth, The Life. 

When you don't know what to say
Just say Jesus 
There is power in the name 
The name of Jesus 

“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” 

~ Matthew 11:28, ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.