Wednesday, November 12, 2014

God's Timing




For the revelation pertains to an appointed time— it speaks truthfully about the end. Though it delays, wait for it, because it will surely come about— it will not be late! Habakkuk 2: 3



I am not a patient person. I believe I have commented on this fact many times before. I like things to happen when I want them to happen. I have reflected on this issue of mine over and over and over again, and yet one more time, for it is a huge struggle I have. I get nervous when I don’t see results fast. I become anxious when there’s a perceived delay. I fear the uncertainty involved in the process of waiting.

Usually, what happens while I wait is that I construct scenarios in my head that contribute to my despair. Although rarely things came to be with the melodramatic hues I imagine in my head, I still can’t help being afraid. I turn to panicky prayers instead of calmly resting in the shadow of His wings. I demand what I think I need to get in order to bring peace to my soul, rather than requesting that His peace that surpasses all understanding would cover me regardless of what happens. I forget that my ways are not His ways…and that in the end; His plan is always perfect even if I can’t understand it at the moment.

I forget to…

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Psalm 27: 14

I forget that I must surrender not only to God’s plan and will, but to His timing as well. Even though it may seem as if He is hiding his face from me…as if He is distant…I must trust Him…I must trust His timing. I must remember that even though, in my worldly state, He may seem to delay, He is never late!

I have been carrying these thoughts in my mind for a while now, and every time I feel as if I start to fall into the despair of an anticipated long wait, I repeat it in my head: I surrender to Your timing, Lord.

It is actually another example of the paradoxical ways of the Lord…in God’s logic, surrender leads to freedom. May we all experience the liberation that comes with giving it all to Him and surrendering to His plans, His will and His timing for our lives and the lives of our beloved.

I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the descendants of Jacob. I will put my trust in him. Isaiah 8:17



"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.” 
Isaiah 55: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.