Monday, January 4, 2016



The second half of verse 5 in Philippians 4 brings me great comfort and hope:

The Lord is near. Philippians 4: 5b

In a world that seems to be falling apart and when fear creeps in uninvited, remembering that the Lord is near calms my anxiety and gives me back a sense of peace that helps me move on…that helps me put one foot in front of the other even when I just don’t see the point.

Knowing and remembering the Lord is near helps me trust. I trust He is right here with me. I trust He never leaves me. I trust His hand is ready to pull me out of the pit if I fall. I trust His arms are waiting to embrace me when I’m alone. I trust His Light shines forth when I’m in the darkness. Better yet, I trust there is no loneliness…there is no pit…there is no darkness in Him.

I resolve to say: I trust You, Jesus, no matter what happens to me or to my loved ones. I trust you have a perfect plan in place, even if I don’t understand it. I trust You love me. I trust You are near. Please make me aware of your presence…Please make me sense your embrace, see your Light and feel your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.